Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The True Meaning of Christmas



“Giving gifts and exchanging cards”, this is the first thing that comes to everyone’s mind when someone asked if what is Christmas. It’ll be awesome for many to know that there are main reasons why there is X-mas, instead of giving and receiving. But for me, what “really” is the true essence of this celebration?
            First of all, I just want to inform you, as a reader, that I, as a Jehovah’s Witness, don’t accept X-mas in our faith. Although, I can see from everyone that once the 25th of December comes, they’re all happy and excited. I, as a student, also observed this season and its true meaning. And, I’ve found out that this was the date when Christ was born, based on the Catholic tradition. But, during this season, why can’t I feel “His” presence and message. From that, I’ve realized that many celebrators don’t understand in their mind and heart this “birthdate”.
            As for summary, I just want to say that more than receiving gifts, spreading of love for everyone is the main purpose of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment