Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Whom To Be This 2013…



            Every January at the beginning of a new year, I often find myself reflecting on the past year and looking for things to change.  I find myself writing resolutions but never really keep up with them.  It seems almost ritualistic to create resolutions in January and then to forget about them come February.  This year, I hope it’s different.  I’m not writing them here to be subject on the scrutiny or opinions.  I’m writing them with the firm belief that if I write them down, I will be more likely to follow them.  If you know me, you know that I’ve had a rough couple of years personally and professionally. 
            I tend to be a “people pleaser”.  I don’t like confrontations.  I know some people who do.  They say they don’t but they thrive on them.  It makes them feel “alive” in a sense.  I don’t like it.  It’s not that when I choose to not argue back that I am conceding.  It is simply that I choose to not stoop to a level of confrontation and argue.  I stop it before it goes too far.  Sometimes this is good.  Sometimes I need to speak up.  I am learning to do this; as not every time will it result in a confrontation.   Also, I need to express my opinion more.  This goes along the same line but it usually is non-confrontational.  I think I just got used to going along with the plans rather take an active role in making them.  I don’t know if this makes sense to you….but it does me.  And that’s all that matters, frankly.
            But, as a true follower of God, it'll still be the same, everlasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment